Doma Hostel is located in centre of Riga’s historic Old Town which with its Art Nouveau and timber buildings has been included in the UNESCO Cultural Heritage List. The hostel is also located in one of the old fashioned buildings built in 19th century. 1830’s renovated building overlooking Riga Town Hall and Town Hall square. The history of the building in Mazā Jaunavu iela 8 (English translated "Small Virgin’s street") extends from 1524, when the owner was H.Humpel. The building was finished in year 1766 as an Ebel’s warehouse. In year 1878 it was reconstructed by K. A. Beck and architect R. Pflug. The most important value of the building is the rooftop wooden structures in the attic, which has remained since the first half of 18th century. Nowadays every room of Doma Hostel is evidence of it's history with originally restored wood design in the rooms.